Thursday, December 07, 2006

Anonymous Ascension

Here's the final illustration based on drawings from the Deities and Demigods introduction; this one shows some anonymous dude ascending into an undefined upper plane. As the book says, "Naturally, ascension to divinity effectively removes the character from the general campaign, as the person will become a non-player member of the DM's pantheon." Naturally.



By the by, I'm including a fair amount of white space in these intentionally; the piece is supposed to be the whole page, including blank bits, at least in theory. I'm not sure it works as well as I'd like on the screen, but it seemed worth a try....

Tomorrow...American Indian Mythos!

5 comments:

Luke P. said...

I really like this whle concept. Be sure to let us know when it's printed up.

Luke P. said...

oh, yeah, I think the whole white pages thing is working.

Noah Berlatsky said...

Thanks for the vote of confidence, but I don't think it'll ever be printed in its entirety. It's too big and I suspect the demand for it is...um, limited. I do have a zine version with twenty or so of the illustrations...I think I sent you a copy, if I remember correctly.

Paleo said...

Yeah i too like both the concept and the how the white space works, the texts are hilarious!

Aeron said...

I want to see you do this to Goya's Caprichos.