Saturday, June 20, 2009

Three New Paintings





I have been in a real art slump these days (this year), or maybe moreso I just don't seem to find the time I used to to sit down at my table and get some sh1t done. It might be that I have too much normal adult life stuff to do, or that I am losing my drive as I age, or that I work too much, or that I drink too much, or that my pills take away my emotions, but luckily, I was aksed by a local organization to do 3 new pieces for their charity show they do every year where about 100 local artists provide pieces that they frame in 10 x 10 black frames and display in a giant room for one night. All the charitable folks from around the town show up and buy the pieces off the wall and everybody wins. Last year I even made money from it, which was beyond me because I thought I was doing the work for charity. These are what I came up with. They do not mean much or say much, but they are pretty and most anyone can appreciate them. They are inspired by female ejaculation.

6 comments:

Aeron said...

Great paintings, Chad. I love the stylized trees and plants. If you find yourself not making art as often as you'd like, I'd suggest keeping a a simple sketchbook and making it a point to draw something in it at least once every day. At least you'll keep the ideas flowing!

Uland said...

Yeah, they are really good. I don't see anything wrong with going for the decorative. It's just as noble a goal as many others. I go through fallow periods too..
It's good to see you back here though, either way.

Jeffrey Meyer said...

"They are inspired by female ejaculation"

Isn't everything?

Lovely work.

Uland said...

Like a ghostly geyser..

SEAN said...

Major Kay Nielsen feeling coming out of these ones, but without subject matter. Very nicely done but also, very empty?

Aeron said...

I know the blog format doesn't allow for horizontal postings, but it would be nice to see these three works arranged side by side to emphasize a continuing landscape vibe from one to the next. Also, Chad, given the subject matter these might be of particular interest to my step mother. She wrote a book on the female orgasm. Heheh. http://www.amazon.com/Case-Female-Orgasm-Science-Evolution/dp/0674017064