Friday, September 11, 2009

Incredible Prog videos

This is where I discovered Devil Doll, on this great series of videos, also containing Goblin, Renaissance, Comus and an incredible piece of Vangelis. These videos really filled up my already overly long music wants list. Each video goes from the late 60s to present time,, and they really tend to divide opinion when it gets to the 80s and onward. Annoyingly, the first video was not allowed on Youtube for long because of the big label obvious prog bands. The sidebars on the actual youtube pages for the second and third videos tell you what each album is if you cant work it out from the covers, unfotunately the first video has none of that on its page, so I have no idea who a lot of those bands are.
In some years to come I want to eventually do a similar series of videos on dreampop/etherial music. The only similar thing I've seen to these was an impressive guide to Dark Ambient music. These really get me wanting to explore and search for more epic eargasms. If anyone knows of any other video compilations like this, please do share,, I dont care what genre,, just as long as it is not your standard "my favorite bands" videos you get alot of.


2 comments:

Maurizio Ercole said...

Hi! Love this blog! I will add in my link.
The line up of Devil Doll came from my city
Venice Italy. The front man is one of bigger
collectors of independent music in my country...
an obscure and legendary person. Thanks also
for the post about Mike Roden, great comix
artist and space musician. Keep in touch.

Robert Adam Gilmour said...

Glad you like us! I assume you read my earlier post about Devil Doll last week? I'm totally in love with them, easily the best thing I've discovered this year,,, and I've been learning quickly that Italy is an incredible place for prog bands for a very long time.