Saturday, October 31, 2009

Great soundtracks for less than great films


When I first saw La Chiesa/The Church by Soavi/Argento, I was very disappointed, but the soundtrack mostly by Keith Emerson stuck out. But even better was a piece by Philip Glass which was one of the most incredible things I've ever heard.
The real version of "Floe" is on Glassworks, in a very different, much less gothic version. Other this this piece I dont really know anything else about Philip Glass, but this piece is enormously encouraging. It takes up the first 9 minutes of this video and it will make your mind go wild with fast moving grandeur imagery.

The band is called Libra and it had a couple of members from Goblin. I've never actually seen Schock/Shock/Beyond the Door 2,, but the trailer didnt look very good and of Mario Bava, I only really like Black Sunday, Black Sabbath and Kill Baby Kill.
The full soundtrack of this, La Chiesa and many many other of these films are on youtube.
=================================
=====================
=============

These are my 12 commandments, I have this sheet next to my bed and I read it before I go to sleep and when I wake up. It may sound pompous but I think they are effective and I believe in aiming high.

2 comments:

Human Mollusk said...

I actually like The Church quite a bit. Same with Soavi's other flicks, The Sect and Dellamorte Dellamore. If you havent seen the latter one, it's definitely worth giving a try. It's written by Dylan Dog author Tiziano Sclavi.

Human Mollusk said...

Forgot to say: thanks for sharing your list of commandmaents. I can relate to several of them.