Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Feral Woman and Centaur



Another medieval post from me, and it has nothing to do with Black Metal or any other kind of music. (Well, the Mediaeval Baebes perhaps)

Fufu might recognize this one as a remix of a page that I did for his Silent Anthology which is still being compiled. My good friend Romuald Sourisse in France is working on a series of these drawings for a show which we will have in September. Click the 'parchment' tag to see another sample, or go here for a good look at the process of medieval illumination:
http://librarii.org/spip.php?article46

5 comments:

Robert Adam Gilmour said...

Good work as always. Has this been a prolific time in your life?

I've been wanting to listen to those franch metal bands you posted for years, but like hundreds of other music, I just havent got around to it yet.

I have the first two Miranda Sex Garden albums which I love but still havent got to Medieval Baebes yet.

Did you get my most recent reply on the feral metal makeup post?

Marcel Ruijters said...

Thanks, Robert.
I suppose I am always prolific, but I am getting the hang of blogging only since recently. I did get your reply - yep, Deathspell Omega is something else!

alkbazz said...

yeah!
I made this one following the Bonne de Luxembourg Psaulter by Jean Le Noir (XIVth c), that's why the painting is monochrom & without gilded surfaces... but most of all, this manuscript was done during the year 1348...

Marcel Ruijters said...

This Jean Le Noir must have been a determined man who would not let himself be distracted...

alkbazz said...

yep, some kind of medieval Bolino !