Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Night Stroll

Here are a few panels of a new ray Murphy story that I've been working on lately. It's actually an extended remake of the very first one I did about this character. I decided to redo it because I want to make it work with the rest of the stories and there was a huge difference in style. It's also more than twice as long now and contains a bit more information about what (RM thinks) is going on. I'll post more of it soon, perhaps along with some of the old story.
This new version will be published in the Netherlands in PULPMAN #12.


7 comments:

Marcel Ruijters said...

It would be nice to be able to compare the two versions, Fufu. I can relate to wanting to redo old artwork! Seeing all the mistakes in my my old stuff sends me in a general state of cringe.
Your use of black and white is quite masterful, especially at the bottom panels. Pulpman 12 is coming out in September for the festival in Breda, I gather?

alkbazz said...

I often think what I do now is just a sketch for an hypotetic nice future version...! But I'm not of course of this professional level =)

Human Mollusk said...

Thanks guys! As I said 'll post some more in a few days. Too much on my mind right now!
Marcel, I'm not sure if it will be out for the BUT, but I hope so.

Aeron said...

Love the atmosphere, it would be awesome were you to put together enough material for someone like Fantagraphics to publish a collection of all your Molluskhead stories.

Human Mollusk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Human Mollusk said...

Thanks Aeron. Yeah, a collection like that is definitely an important goal for me. That's basically the reason why I did this remake. It's kind of an important story in the whole continuity but the style didn't work with the rest of the stories.

Gaspard Pitiot said...

How big is the original ?